Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Yesterday, I met with my job coach. She is a wonderful woman, full of warmth and encouragement.  We talked about my edited resume and my hobbies, and I told her about the Paris Powerpoint project (which at this point qualifies as an obsession more than a hobby), and we set up dates for mock interviews and clothing analysis.  She pointed me towards some job openings I have to send in resumes and letters for.

"You need to take time to appreciate you," she said.  "You're so busy looking towards the past and comparing yourself to other people, and looking towards the future and worrying, that you miss what is special about you right now.  What you have done in your life.

"Pat yourself on the back, once in a while."

I don't think I know how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment