Saturday, April 21, 2012

Poster-child.

I mentioned Demotivational posters in my last post.* I looked once again at Despair Inc.'s website -- the maker of the very best in uninspirational office decor -- and was reminded of how much I love their work.

My favorite is Persistence ... no, Blogging ... no, Worth ... wait a minute! Achievement!** Except there is also Romance, and Madness, and  Potential, and Limitations, and Tranquility (every parent needs this one), and Mistakes, and Opportunity....

Actually, my very favorite is Despair.  Perhaps because it is so very, very true.

With that said, have a nice weekend everybody.  If you can.

*You do read the footnotes, right?
**My grandboss at the Census, a wonderful man who bore an uncanny resemblance to Dick Cheney, and who joked about it, passed the Achievement poster around the office.  A truly great guy to work for.  Once, in response to a comment I made about our mountain of backlogged work (caused by incompetence in the DC and Indiana Powers That Be), Tom commented, "Yeah, welcome to Bataan."

No comments:

Post a Comment