Friday, May 11, 2012

Letter I am not going to send.

Dear Mythbusters,

I understand you probably get a ton of letters from mothers complaining about the experiments you run, in that it gives their offspring ideas that, as much as you say "don't try this at home," they still do, resulting in broken crockery and messy landscaping. My sons, on the other hand, find things to experiment with all on their own.

I  want to thank you for the times when my offspring suggest working on replicating some bizarre idea they've seen on the Internet  that I am able to say, with a straight face, "Won't work -- Mythbusters already did that."*

Most of the time I am even telling the truth.

Me

*That's only when the issue is one of potential messiness. Safety is nonnegotiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment