Friday, May 18, 2012

And then the day went even further downhill.

I have just returned from the emergency vet's office.  Some time ago, I had spilled a bottle of Excedrin Migraine in my backpack.  I had thought I had gotten all of pills out of there, but apparently not. I found two half crushed pills on my floor this evening, and my backpack had been knocked over.

Excedrin contains acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine.  The latter two are bad for cats, the first is deadly.  Even a half a tablet could kill one.  So both cats had to be hauled to the vets.  They were quite unhappy about this, of course -- Railfan has a couple of very nasty scratches to show for this evening's work.

P&P are stashed tonight at the vets to have fluids (after having had their stomachs pumped, and activated charcoal laid down) and other meds, and we are out 2K in vet bills.  There is no question that we did the right thing, but... ouch.

If Pandora died, I would be very sad. If Penwiper died, I would be devastated. She's my therapy cat.

I can't even get roaring drunk.  Rick's Rather Rich Ice Cream (Chocolate Custard and Peppermint Chip in a waffle cone) is nice, but it is no Red Stag Cherry Bourbon and Coke.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment