Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Playlist for today

I often make playlists for the day.  Today's playlist:

"I Miss The Mountains, " Alice Ripley, from Next to Normal
"Breathe (2 AM)" Anna Nalick
"Bank Job,"  Barenaked Ladies
"The Downeaster 'Alexa," Billy Joel
"Streets Of Philadelphia," Bruce Springsteen
"Sorry-Grateful," Charles Kimbrough, Dean Jones, George Coe, Charles, Braswell from Company
"Truckin'," Grateful Dead
"Safe Upon The Shore," Great Big Sea
"Prince of Darkness," Indigo Girls
"A Pirate Looks at Forty," Jimmy Buffett
"Flesh Failures/Let The Sunshine In," John DeRobertas, Grand Bush from Hair
"Folsom Prison Blues," Johnny Cash
"Sunshine (Go Away Today) [Single Version]," Jonathan Edwards
"Come to My Window," Melissa Etheridge
"There's A Fine, Fine Line," Original Broadway Cast from Avenue Q
"American Tune," Paul Simon
"Brain Damage/Eclipse," Pink Floyd
"Hallelujah," Rufus Wainwright
"Angel," Sarah McLachlan
"Shotgun Down the Avalanche," Shawn Colvin
"On the Willows," Stephen Schwartz from Godspell
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," U2
"Everybody's Talkin'," Harry Nilsson

Clearly, the humor of "Bank Job" notwithstanding, I am not in the most cheerful of moods today. I know I should probably pick something happy-go-lucky, but quite frankly it would just feel false. I did leave off "Seeds" by Kathy Mattea and "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton on the grounds that there are songs that are too depressing even for this playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment