Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good food.

So, I'm still weak, fatigued and coughing.  I did go to Starbucks for a couple of hours today with the kids.  We had a far ranging, interesting discussion, as is our wont. 

Then I came home and slept, and talked to friends. I did not do either of the things I had half-planned to do: beading, or writing a post about the movie Gone With The Wind. (Short version: dangerous movie because of stereotypes, great performances from several of the principals, which in some ways makes it even more dangerous.) I did watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade -- because even at whatever age he was when he made the film, Sean Connery is easily as sexy as Harrison Ford. 

But the best part of the day, so far? The Not-So-Little Drummer Boy made dinner.  Dinner was steamed kale, with garlic, almonds and lemon, and sandwiches.  The sandwiches were perfectly cooked sliced steak, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and cilantro, or pesto, fresh mozzarella, and tomato, both on sourdough.  They rocked.

He's a good kid, and a good cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment