Saturday, November 19, 2011

The best laid plans of mice and men...

...collapse when one has had simply too much wine.

I was going to spend a little time tonight (while the Rocket Scientist was involved with other business) running down a list of current cases before SCOTUS and why they interest me.  There are more than usual this term, and more that interest me that lie outside my normal narrow capital punishment/juvenile justice/takings or environmental cases from the 9th or 11th Circuits box than is usually the case.

However, I have killed at least half a bottle of Kukkula Lagniappe Red Wine (Paso Robles, 2008), which is rather strong for wine, being 16% alcohol. It's quite tasty.

When you get vertigo just from sneezing, trying to use your critical thinking skills and coming up with anything even remotely coherent is probably a lost cause.

Edited to add:  Let me tell you, Kukkula Lagniappe (Paso Robles, 2008) is good wine, and not just because it is redolent of chocolate and cassis.  I killed over half a bottle by myself over the course of maybe two hours last night.  I woke up this morning after 4.5 hours of sleep, and I have no hangover.

Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment