Saturday, March 10, 2012

Yes, I'm being lazy. Sue me.

I write a lot about political matters.  Sometimes, such as in the last post, I don't link to the actual decision or bill.  (Where I am referring to a news item, I link to the article.)  I sort of assume that most of you are familiar at some level with the cases I am referring to.  With legislation or bills I think are less well known, I link to the text.

What I don't do for cases or legislation is provide proper citation.  I did this years ago because I had to, but this is my blog and I can be lazy if I want to.  (Yes, this may lose me readers who need to see the cite to know that I am not totally irresponsible.  Oh, well.)*

So in this, as in so many cases, Google -- or Yahoo!, or Bing, as the case may be -- can be your friend.

*I do reserve the right to change my behavior at any time, even to the point of going back and putting citations in already published posts.  Not going to happen today, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment