Saturday, March 03, 2012

Observations from the theatre

I am by myself tonight.  Annoying.  No one to discuss the movie with.

Junior Mints are so much better frozen.

Why do I buy a large Coke? I am by myself.  No way I am going to drink all of this.  I think it is because it is only one dollar more than the smallest Coke.  The theatres know this, of course.

The ads before the film make it hard to read. I am working through as much of the Haycraft-Queen Cornerstones of Detective Fiction list as can be downloaded for free onto my phone.  Right now, that means I am reading The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne.  Pooh does not appear once in the book.  I am annoyed.

"The most beloved film of all time" is Titanic? Seriously? I think not.  And there is NO reason to remake it in 3D.  Really.

Alien, now there's a movie that needs to be in 3D. Or The Birds.

3D often gives me a headache, not because of the visuals (usually) but because the weight of the 3D glasses on top of my own hurts.

It is interesting, but 3D movies give me a greater depth of field than I have normally. (I have bad depth perception.)  It is somewhat disorienting.

The lights are dimming.  Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment