Monday, June 20, 2011

Obsessive? Not really....

I just believe in quality control.  I reread former posts to check for typos, misplaced and repetitive words, and incorrect grammar and capitalization.  I then make corrections.

My Tony post had a lot of errors. I am embarrassed.

You know, Pat, it might be better to do a better job of proofing posts before you publish them.*  Of course, given the way the world is, I am sure that there is an error in this post which I will not see until next week.

[Edited to add: it didn't take a week, merely five hours.  I misspelled "obsessive" in the title of the post.  This has now been corrected.  Sheesh.]

*This is why I always print out things on paper that I need to be particularly careful about.  For some reason, I find it a great deal easier to spot mistakes when they are not on a computer screen.  Spellcheck is particularly annoying:  it can pick up misspellings, but not other errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment