Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today's playlist

What I am listening to in the car today, as selected last night:

"Cloudy"    Simon & Garfunkel
"Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight "   James Taylor
"Don’t Ask Me Why"    Billy Joel
"Down in the Boondocks"    Billy Joe Royal
"Drops of Jupiter"    Train
"Drift Away"    Dobie Gray
"Find the Cost of Freedom (Digitally Remastered LP Version)"    Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
"For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her"    Simon & Garfunkel
"For What It's Worth"    Buffalo Springfield
"From A Distance"    Kathy Mattea
"Gravity"    Alison Krauss & Union Station
"The Dangling Conversation"    Simon & Garfunkel
"Gravity"    Eddie from Ohio*
"Helplessly Hoping"    Crosby, Stills & Nash
"Hey Hey Whay Can I Say?"    Hootie and the Blowfish
"Hunger"    Voices on the Verge
"Fade into You"    Mazzy Star
"I Can See It Now"    Mary Chapin Carpenter
"I Never Was to Africa"    Ferron
"I'll Be Seeing You"    Judy Collins
"I'm Yours/Somewhere Over The Rainbow"    Straight No Chaser
"Preowned"    Elizabeth Gooen
"Send in the Clowns"    Glynis Johns**

Not the most cheerful set of songs.  I might want to opt for something more upbeat.  Then again, it could be worse: this playlist does not include "Hallelujah" on it.


*At some point, I keep thinking I should so a playlist of songs with the same title that are completely different.


**If the only version of this song you have heard is Judy Collins's, run right out and get this one.  Judy Collins has a sweet, pure voice, completely devoid of the emotion this song demands.  Judy Dench's and Barbra Streisand's versions aren't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment