Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas fun

Hurrah! Time for Christmas jollity!

First are my two favorite secular Christmas songs: "Elf's Lament" by the Barenaked Ladies, and "Fifty Kilowatt Tree" by the Bobs.  For something a little more thought provoking, there is "The Christians and the Pagans" by Dar Williams.  And who can miss "Merry Christmas From the Family" by Robert Earle Keene?  (Though the Jill Sobule version is pretty cool, too.)

And one of the many music synced light shows. I like this one because it does not contain "Wizards in Winter."* And someone who may have neither the skill nor the patience to compete with the neighbors when it comes to light displays.**

And my all-time favorite Christmas blog post, "The Year Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas," from Hyperbole and a Half.  Forget laughing until I cried, I laughed until I choked.

Enjoy!

*Although it still sounds like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  It certainly is not Metallica, more's the pity.
**Or maybe they just don't want to foot the insane electrical bill people with massive displays must run.

No comments:

Post a Comment