Saturday, September 25, 2010

A novel idea...

I have an idea for a NaNoWriMo plot! It's not very good, tending toward the maudlin and soap-operish (and I'm not going to reveal it here).  It should be fun to write, though.

I already have rough physical descriptions of the two main characters.  I have to do research, though -- about PTSD, about DADT, about battered-woman syndrome, and, on a more mundane level, how much of a car could you get if you traded in a brand-new Lexus SUV.  I told you it was not going to be a bunch of roses. 

The rough outline runs to 606 words.* Given the 50K word requirement, I just have to extend it by a few orders of magnitude in November and I'm good to go.

*According to the rules, you are allowed to do outlines, character sketches, and research before November 1.  You just can't start writing before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment