Saturday, July 24, 2010

My secret weapon...

Echidna Boy is a night owl.  Getting him to go to bed before 1 a.m. is very difficult, especially that we don't currently have the threat of school looming.  (He comes by it naturally: my first week of work I worked 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., and loved it.)

Tonight, he went to bed at 10:30.  Why?

I don't know with any certainty, but I am pretty confident that it was because I was insisting on watching the six-part PBS series Broadway: The American Musical in the living room and persisted in singing along with the soundtrack.  He left halfway through the hour on Rogers & Hammerstein.

Show tunes: effective against teenage boys.*  Hee hee.


*Of course, it could also have been my singing.

2 comments:

  1. Time to stock up on a pile of musicals dvds that we mysteriously just *have* to begin watching at 9pm each night ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always insist that he join you in singing, or get up and dance, too! :-D

    ReplyDelete