Thursday, December 13, 2012

Song for the day.

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free 
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be, 
And when we find ourselves in the place just right, 
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

When true simplicity is gain'd, 
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd, 
To turn, turn will be our delight, 
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.
                                     "Simple Gifts," Traditional Shaker song.*


Okay, so I am still working on this.

*I have sung a version that includes the opening lines "tis a gift to be honest, 'tis a gift to be true, 'tis a gift to do the good that you can do."  I can't remember the rest of the verse, and my Google-fu is utterly failing me this evening.  It may be that someone at church wrote that verse, but that strikes me as unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment