Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hasa Diga Eebowai.

I just saw The Book of Mormon with my friend Sarah.  I don't know when the last time was that I laughed so much and so loudly, sometimes thinking "I can't believe I'm laughing at this."  I was so loud -- I could not help myself -- that the ladies sitting in front of us commented on it afterward (but in a friendly way).  I was good, though: I did not sing along to "I Believe," even though I had to bite my lip.

The actor playing Elder Cunningham looked very familiar. I had seen him on the Tonys, when the show was opened by the Broadway cast doing "Hello," and even then he had looked familiar.  I checked the Playbill, and discovered that he was Jared Gertner, who was part of another memorable theater experience for me when he toured with The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.  I'm turning into a big fan of his.

My only complaint? I can't go back and see it again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment