Friday, November 23, 2012

Go me.

I would just like to say that for someone who suffers from tremors so bad that they occasionally affect my ability to hold utensils, creating a piece like that below is not a mean feat, at least as far as I'm concerned.  Of course, I made it, so I am far from an unbiased observer.




It is not a piece I would sell, if indeed I were selling jewelry (I have not in the past eighteen months -- I have barely been making jewelry in that time).  The malachite, the crystal and green Swarovski, and the gold-filled spacer beads are authentic, but the clasp (which is not handmade -- I was out of 18 gauge gold-filled wire) and the bead caps are flimsy and gold plated.

The bead-stringing for the most part was slow but not incredibly difficult -- I have a technique which allows me to compensate for my tremor -- but stringing the crimp beads, wire guards, and clasp was murder, as was actually clamping the crimps.

I like the design.  Now I just have to buy a green shirt I can wear it with.

1 comment:

  1. Really lovely :) And definitely begging for some matching earrings!

    - love, the RS

    ReplyDelete