Saturday, October 13, 2012

Card game du jour.

Tonight I spent a couple of hours playing "Cards Against Humanity: The Party Game for Horrible People."  The most commonly repeated line of the evening was "This is just so wrong."  An Amazon reviewer, commenting on the first expansion pack, stated "Imagine if the family card game 'Apples to Apples' was re-created by Hunter S. Thompson and Charles Manson on an ether bender. That's what you get with 'Cards Against Humanity'. Highly recommended to adults with filthy, filthy minds."

The opening question sort of set the tone:

Question: "What's that smell?" Winning answer: "Dead babies."*  (I never said that my friends and I were not sick people.)

My favorite question and answer was not in the least gross or suggestive, however:

Question:
"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
not with a bang but with

____________________  "

Winning answer:

"The inevitable heat death of the universe."  (The second time this card came up, the winning answer was even better:  "Ominous background music.")

Highly recommended for your really twisted inner teenager.

*I usually find "dead baby" jokes really obnoxious.  The only one I've ever liked was "Why did the dead baby cross the road?  It was stapled to the back of the chicken."  That one I like for its complete bizarreness. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm kinda lukewarm on Apples to Apples, but I will almost always join a game of CAH. My friends, they are all so very wrong and we've played enough now that we've largely stopped horrifying each other. ;)

    Apparently the main game and the two expansion packs are back in stock. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete