Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Closing in.

Many people have "bucket lists" with numerous items on them.  Go skydiving, visit every state in the Union, run with the bulls at Pamplona, that sort of thing.

I have one item on my list.  One, that's it.

I want to see the top ten art museums in the world.*

The Louvre and The Orsay. The Met in New York, the Art Institute of Chicago, the National Gallery in D.C., and the Getty in L.A. And now, the Uffizi in Florence and the Vatican.

Nine down; one, The Tate Modern in London, to go.**

*I am using a list from Reuters. Other lists I have seen include The Hermitage in St. Petersburg and the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, both of which I have seen. 
**Of course, they are opening new museums all the time, as well as older museums upgrading their collections.  I would love to see the Guggenheims -- in New York, which I have yet to catch, or in Bilboa -- and the Art History Museum in Vienna, for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment