Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So, I have just started a very part time freelance gig doing research and writing for the nonprofit I volunteer for.  And thus far I have two pertinent observations:

I hate Open Office with a passion that grows deeper every day.  Whatever my issues with Microsoft are, Word is a breeze compared to O.O. Today's glitches involved trying to format several paragraphs with bullet points.  The program decided that there was no need for the sets of bullet points to actually line up.  I had to manually whip them into shape, which I most decidedly should not have had to. Yes, I know, you get what you pay for.

Speaking of paying for things -- when you are earning roughly the same as the baristas, it behooves you not to spend too much on drinks at Starbucks, lest this freelance gig end up costing you money after taxes. Maybe working in the public library would be a better idea.

Still -- it's a writing gig, of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment