Sunday, March 27, 2011

Um, yeah. I think so.

The Not-So-Little Drummer Boy attends a college which does not hand out grades but instead gives the students evaluations at the end of every term.*  He sent us his evals for the winter and fall terms.  Among the gems were:

"In the final piece [NLDB] showed both a strong understanding of the software and a powerful grasp of the production of graphic design projects."

"[NLDB] is a talented visual art student whose interest, skills and effort often lead him beyond the visual."

And my favorite:

"[NLDB]  remains a credit to [XYZ] College..."

The rest of the evaluations were equally glowing, with only occasional areas needed for improvement.  (I loved that for his computer music class he reworked the "worn-out classic 'Stairway to Heaven'" [his professor's words, not mine] -- I really want to hear what he's done.)

He got an A- in the class he took via college exchange at a neighboring institution.

What kills me, though, is that he ended his email to his father and me with "i hope this is satisfactory."

Oh, I guess it is.

*I tried to explain this to an insurance agent once, who, after a long and circular discussion, stated that he was not eligible for the good student driver discount because he didn't get As in his classes. *headdesk* 

No comments:

Post a Comment