Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Really....

Every so often I stumble across something I should have heard years ago but somehow managed to miss. Like this morning...

I love Weird Al.  I especially love some of his original works -- nobody does a better breakup (or dysfunctional relationship) song.  "My Baby's in Love with Eddie Vedder," "You Don't Love Me Any More," and, most wonderfully, "One More Minute." (How can you not love a writer who thinks of images such as "I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you"?)  This morning, though, my iTunes tossed up a song I don't remember hearing before: "I Was Only Kidding." 

Um, yep.  Been on the other side of that one.  Ouch.  I love that it turns into a revenge fantasy.

Still not as good as "One More Minute," but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment