Thursday, December 30, 2010

Huzzah! Sort of.

Not to bore everyone with my computer travails, but...

The iMac now is functioning, which means I can write posts at sometime other than 11:30 pm.  (It also means I can check my email every hour obsessively.  Not necessarily good.)  I only have to kick all the people under thirty off the computer, since they are between school semesters and hence have no homework that they need the computer for.

Last night I received an email from the moderator of a Yahoo Group that I belong to telling me that she had just received three phishing emails from my account.  Ack! So I went into overdrive, changing all my Gmail passwords, and posting notices here, on Facebook and on LiveJournal telling people not to pay attention to emails from me.  I then get an reply from the moderator saying, "Um, I intended to send this to beadchick2003."  The irony of this does not escape me.

Jan is still gone.  We have not heard from the We-Fix-Macs place, and need to call them to find out what th heck is going on.  The Apple store guys basically refused to do anything with it, since it is now "vintage."  Apparently, computers become "vintage" after five years and obsolete after seven.  2005, it was a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment