Friday, November 05, 2010



Except for a red, white and blue bracelet I had made for myself for the last day of work (Census? Red, white and blue? Get it? Okay, so it's not that funny), I had not designed any significant jewelry for a  long time until last weekend.  There were a lot of reasons for this, among them a recurrence of tremor that makes it difficult to thread small beads.  (I have not made any baby Elvises  for a long time for that reason.)

I'm not sure about my design skills anymore, but I think these may have come out okay.  They are both short -- longer than choker length but not by a whole lot.  The one on the left is Swarovski crystal in Siam (a deep red), peach colored freshwater pearls, white cloisonné, small gold-filled spacer beads and a handmade gold-filled wire clasp.

The one on the right is primarily hematite (which is a metallic silver gray) with leopardskin jasper, black onyx, mauve freshwater pearl and black cloisonné accents.  The spacer beads are sterling silver, and the clasp is hand-made from 18 gauge sterling silver wire. I'm thinking this one may be a bit busy.

2 comments:

  1. I like them both, but I think I like the one on the right the most. And it doesn't look too busy in the picture, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture diminsihes some of the differences so it looks less busy.

    ReplyDelete