Thursday, July 22, 2010

Okay, I'm sorry... One more post

True story:

I was on Jeopardy!  I was one of the probably well over a hundred people who were cannon fodder for Ken Jennings' runup to $2 million.  (Ken, by the way, is a lovely human being, and very funny to boot.)

At any rate, by the time Final Jeopardy rolled around, I was toast.  In the break between taping Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy, I commented to Ken that all those hours my kids had me playing MarioKart to speed up my reflexes hadn't worked.  His response?  "MarioKart?  I love MarioKart.  I nearly failed a couple of classes in college because I spent all my time playing MarioKart!"

So the moral of the story is: Keep playing, kids.  You never know when those MarioKart skills will come in handy.

From xkcd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment